Corporate Shared Value
Position in indexes and other awards
Sustainability indexes are stock indexes in which securities are selected on the basis of economic-financial parameters as well as social and environmental criteria. The selection process is carried out by specialised agencies that assess companies on the basis of publicly available information or questionnaires, taking account of opinions expressed by the media and stakeholders. Inclusion in these indexes is an important achievement for companies because of the positive effects on their reputation and because, in addition to the pension funds and ethical funds, an ever increasing number of investors favour these sustainable companies, considering them to be less risky and more promising in the medium to long term. Taking part in the process of evaluation is, moreover, a timely moment for reflection within the Company on the results achieved. In fact, the suggestions of the rating agencies at the end of the process are taken into careful consideration when planning improvement actions in the future.
In 2016 TIM, was included for the thirteenth year running in both the sustainability index categories of the Dow Jones (Dow Jones Sustainability Index World and Europe) and in its sector, the only Italian company to receive this recognition. TIM has been included in the Financial Times Stock Exchange for Good (FTSE4Good) Global and Europe series since its inception.
TIMis also included in the following indexes:
- Euronext Vigeo Eiris:
- Europe 120
- Eurozone 120
- STOXX® Global ESG Leaders Indexes:
- ESG Leaders
- ESG Environmental Leaders
- ESG Governance Leaders
- ESG Social Leaders
- Ethibel Sustainability Indexes (ESI):
- Excellence Europe
- Excellence Global
- ECPI Indexes:
- ECPI Euro Ethical Equity
- ECPI EMU Ethical Equity
- ECPI Euro ESG Equity
- ECPI Global Developed ESG Best in Class Equity
- ECPI World ESG Equity
TIM, finally, is classified as “prime” in the OEKOM rating and “industry leader” by the Sustainalytics report, and ‘qualified’ in rfurating.
Finally, TIM has for many years been among the most proactive Italian companies in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
Tim Participações, the listed holding company of the TIM Brasil Group, has had its position confirmed in the ISE (Índice de Sustentabilidade Empresarial) index, managed by BM&F Bovespa (the São Paolo stock exchange) together with the Brazilian Environment Ministry and other financial sustainability organisations.
The main awards won by TIM concerning sustainability and its communication, include the following:
- first place in Italy and Europe, in the TLC sector, in the 2016 Webranking by Comprend, which assesses and rewards the quality of online financial and corporate communication.
The survey, carried out every year by Comprend, working with Lundquist, considered the 70 biggest Italian companies and the 500 biggest European companies by capitalisation;
- National Innovation Award 2016 assigned by the Presidency of the Council of Ministers. TIM’s ability to innovate its portfolio of solutions and services, the innovation management process, the innovation-driven corporate culture and the ability effectively to transform innovation projects into services that support citizens, businesses and public organisations, were all assessed;
- Top Employers 2016 certification (for the fourth year running), awarded annually to the best companies in the field of HR management. The research, conducted by the Top Employers Institute, verified and certified the excellence achieved by TIM in the field of Human Resources based on several criteria, including talent strategy, workforce planning, performance management, leadership development, remuneration and benefits;
- recognition of TIM as the only Italian company in the top 25 European multinationals interested in partnerships with young businesses. The research conducted by Fondazione Nesta and Startup Europe Partnership;
- second place for the best online section dedicated to Career/Work with us content in the Online Talent Communication 2016 ranking by Swedish research institute Potentialpark. The research looked at the best Employer Branding communication in Italy via four contact channels: the site dedicated to company career opportunities; Social Media, mobile communication, including apps; the online application system;
- Best Performer in the Best Employer of Choice 2016 ranking conducted by Cesop, which every year assesses the most sought after companies by new graduates based on a statistically representative sample;
- third place in the “international best online report” category for the Company Profile 2016 “Digital life and society” at the Corporate & Financial Awards 2016 organised by Communicate Magazine