[G4-DMA-Reporting due diligence on Human Rights-b] The purpose of the new Policy is to make respect for Human Rights an essential requirement in the performance of the operational activities of TIM.. In Italy as well as in foreign companies, the Group has set up processes through which it undertakes to respect Human Rights and has identified those that may be negatively influenced by the Company’s activities, such as:
- Essential Human Rights (e.g. working hours, equal pay, minimum age to enter the world of work, accessibility for disabled people, maternity protection, forced/compulsory/restricted work);
- health and safety rights;
- rights agreed with the unions and included in National Labour Agreements (in line with the principles of the International Labour Organization).
[G4-DMA Non-discrimination] Rights concerning diversity, equality and non-discrimination The Policy applies to every individual within the Group and the rights set out above also concern third parties who have business dealings with TIM.
The internal processes of the Group also consider a series of individual rights affected by the core business, including rights:
- associated with access to telecommunications services and innovation;
- associated with the privacy of the people and customers of the Group, and the protection of their personal data;
- associated with freedom of expression, in particular online, supported by access to telecommunications technologies;
- deriving from the company’s zero tolerance approach to any form of corruption;
- potentially violated by added value services (for example, services with content reserved for adults and gambling);
- of children and young people to be protected from (cyber)bullying or harassment;
- of our customers concerning responsible advertising;
- associated with environmental protection (in particular electromagnetic fields);
- of the Community in which TIM carries out business, with particular attention to vulnerable groups of people (e.g., disabled people, minors, the elderly);
- associated with the use of armed security in accordance with the highest standards and international practices and with the highest transparency possible.
The Policy sets out the unfiltered and anonymous reporting mechanisms in line with the requirements of the company procedures, available on the Group’s website.
The Group Policy was approved by the Chairman of TIM.