The internet offers a great deal of interesting contents for our children and their education, but it also sometimes entails some risk, particularly for those not yet able to automatically recognise the danger signs.
Our children watch videos on-line, chat to friends and make purchases. But the more they use devices, the more exposed they are to fraud attempts, the abuse of personal data, cyber bullying and identity theft:
- between 9 and 17 years old, mobile telephones are the main device used to access the internet.
- 8 out of 10 on line with smartphones between 9 and 17 years old
- between 9-10 years old, access to the internet is via the smartphone
- children aged 9 years old already on social networks
- one in five of those aged 9-10 years old and one in four of those aged
- 11-12 pretends to be older when signing-up with Facebook
- of the very young, 10% are victims of bullying on the internet or via APPs
- 9 in 100 have been victims of cyber bullying
The TIM Protect service offers a safe, secure and automatic way by which to respond promptly to the threats of the web without renouncing the potential of browsing the internet. The 4 protection areas of TIM Protect:
Anti-theft and device localisation: protects your smartphone and tablet in the event of theft or loss, allowing you to localise and easily block your device and, if you so wish, even delete the data.
Parental Control: protects your children from undesired websites and allows you to control their on-line life.
Banking protection and safe browsing: guarantees the protection of your on-line banking transactions and automatically verifies the reliability of a website before accessing it.
Antivirus: guarantees complete, real-time protection for all your devices. Offers the most cutting-edge protection from viruses, spyware, hacker attacks and identity theft, at the same time blocking dangerous websites and on-line attacks whilst exploring the web.